Google’s 10 Best Products Ever
- Blogger made lots of first time artists, writers and thinkers, as the website made it possible for the users to self publish works, ideas and literally anything.
- Blogger was launched in 1999 by Pyra Labs. Google acquired the company in 2003 and made the platform entirely free which created lots of bloggers.
- The bloggers can publish in Blogger which supports more than 20 languages now.
#9:- Google Translate
- Google Translate help millions of peoples worldwide to interact with each other by avoiding the language barrier. This free translation tool supports up to 64 languages now.
- It can literally translate anything from web pages to sentences to words in an instant. Users can get the translations from any language to another within the available 64 languages.
#8:- Google Docs
- Millions of people around the world collaborate, store and work on their documents with Google Docs- The free online productivity tool from Google.
- When other companies including Microsoft (Microsoft Office) provide these kinds of productivity tools and services at a price tag, Google offers this service absolutely free.
#7:- Google Advertising
- Google advertising is one of the best options for people who want to advertise on the web. Unlike other advertisers who place irreverent ads everywhere on the screen, Google Ads turns out to be useful to the users at times. When you search for a particular product in Google, advertisers can serve you an ad related to it. Google makes most of its revenue from it.
#6:- Google Chrome
- Google Chrome made its first appearance with Microsoft Windows on 2008. Since then, it has conquered many hearts with its simplicity and ease of use. In less than four years, the browser gained 33 percent of the market and is now the most widely used Web Browser.
- This free web browser is now the backbone of Google, which integrates many Google products including Gmail and Google+. It allows users to sign in using their Google account providing consistent performance and feel over multiple systems.
- YouTube can be considered as the most fruitful acquisition Google has ever made. From a video sharing site that had thousands of lawsuits, Google took YouTube into one of the most preferred entertainment destinations in the internet.
- According to a Reuters report earlier this year, “YouTube, Google Inc’s video website is streaming 4 billion online videos every day, a 25 percent increase in the past eight months, according to the company.”
- Well, nobody needs an explanation about Android. Google acquired the company and released the Linux based operating system for mobiles in 2007, nobody expected it to be a rival to iPhones or BlackBerrys. But five years later, Android now has much ahead of its competitors, at least in market possession and it has its presence literally in all fields- Mobile to tablet to house hold equipments.
- About 400 million Android devices are present in the world now and roughly around one million devices are activated each day.
#3:- Google Maps
- Google Maps defined our destinations and routes from the day it was born- February 8, 2005. Over the years it has grown as the most popular app in all platforms, whether it’s a computer, mobile or tablet.
- It directs millions of people worldwide without getting lost and with the introduction of advanced features like the street view, you can simply walk in famous streets of Paris or explore the Amazon forest, without leaving the comfort of your home.
- People never knew about free storage, till Gmail was launched on April 2004, as a beta status. It made a available to the public two years later in 2007. Since then, it changed the way we saw emails. It offered unlimited storage so that you never have to delete your mails.
- Five years later and after many face lifts, Gmail as on June 2012 has 425 million users and is available in 54 languages.
#1:- Google Search
- Search is the best product Google has ever made. It had become an unavoidable part of every online human being. No one was ever able to question Google’s monopoly in search till date.
- It was launched in 2007 and since then, it brings unlimited amount of information about any existing things in the world to your finger tips.
- The service is available in 124 languages and process hundreds of millions of queries in a day. It is integrated into millions of other websites using the APIs and the best thing about Google search- it never lets you down.